Tesla previously sought other tariff exemptions from the U.S. Trade Representative’s Office for Chinese-made parts, including the Model 3 car computer and the Autopilot “brain” that were rejected.Read More
“We would like a chance to compete for that business,” Chief Commercial Officer Christian Scherer told reporters, adding that IAG had not issued a formal tender for the narrow-body order.Read More
Like cobalt, nickel is a crucial component in lithium-ion batteries and may become more so as technology evolves.Read More
Inflation surges to highest in seven years, giving Bank of Canada room to hold rates Canadian...Read More
The science loop: How cognitive biases contribute to the intellectual entrenchment at the root of junk science
Enforced consensus and unmitigated social, professional or financial pressures are bound to distort the processes of questioning and falsification. There are, therefore, likely to entrench the cognitive biases of motivated reasoning and confirmation bias. And biased science is the seed of junk science that germinates under the conditions of intellectual or political polarization.Read More
Amazon, ExxonMobil called out over climate transparency Amazon.com Inc., Exxon Mobil Corp. and...Read More
McDonald’s reveals the damage of Raptors’ historic run: more than 2.5 million free french fries...Read More
Canada must ensure that China’s trade misconduct should be on the agenda at the upcoming G7 meeting in France in August because of its deleterious economic effects on the global economy.Read More
Hudson’s Bay said no decision has been made on Baker’s bid, and the retailer has formed a special committee to review the proposal with the assistance of outside advisers.Read More
AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s misfires on Iran, trade and that wall WASHINGTON — In President Donald...Read More
Da Vinci fiasco casts glare on opaque art market | Louvre to mark five centuries passing of Leonardo da Vinci with exhibition
Da Vinci fiasco casts glare on opaque art market As the Louvre prepares to mark five centuries...Read More
Hormuz is not important because of the volume of oil that flows through the strait daily, but because it is an ultra-tense flashpoint that could spark a much broader conflict both sides insist they do not want.Read More
- Norway wealth fund allowed to invest again in Walmart, Rio Tinto, othersNorway's $1 trillion wealth fund can invest again in miner Rio Tinto and retailer Walmart after their exclusions from the fund's investments on ethical grounds were revoked, the board of the central...
- UK puts mini-bond regulation under spotlight after LCF collapseBritain's finance ministry said on Monday it would look at whether the regulation regime around mini-bond investments, used to raise funds for small businesses, is up to scratch following the...
- Natixis' H2O sells some illiquid debt to try to staunch outflowsH2O, one of French bank Natixis' asset management businesses, has sold off some illiquid assets and removed entry fees across its funds as it tries to stem outflows of customer money.
- Lords of the Ring: Can 'smart' ring give BlackRock fund managers the edge?After years of using the internet, satellites, algos and other innovations to mine 'Big Data' for that edge over rivals, the world's biggest investment firm is trialing a gizmo that puts the focus...
- U.S. judge tosses former SAC Capital trader's insider trading guilty pleaA federal judge in Manhattan on Friday threw out the 2013 insider trading guilty plea of a former trader at SAC Capital Advisors LP, the hedge fund once run by billionaire Steven A. Cohen, saying...
- Cooper: This 'blows my mind' about Trump - CNNCooper: This 'blows my mind' about Trump CNNView full coverage on Google News
- Trump on possible war with Iran: 'I don't need exit strategies' | TheHill - The HillTrump on possible war with Iran: 'I don't need exit strategies' | TheHill The HillPresident Trump said Tuesday the U.S. is "not going to need an exit strategy" if war broke out with Iran.View full coverage on Google News
- Cuba's long forgotten Jewish cemetery, Holocaust monument getting restored - Fox NewsCuba's long forgotten Jewish cemetery, Holocaust monument getting restored Fox NewsThe oldest Jewish cemetery in Cuba is beginning to be rehabilitated as marble grave covers are broken with plants growing through cracks and much of the ...View full coverage on Google News
- The 36 most shocking lines from Donald Trump's interview with The Hill - CNNThe 36 most shocking lines from Donald Trump's interview with The Hill CNNOn Monday, President Donald Trump sat down for an interview with The Hill newspaper in the Oval Office.View full coverage on Google News
- ISIL leader in Yemen captured, says Saudi-led coalition - Aljazeera.comISIL leader in Yemen captured, says Saudi-led coalition Aljazeera.comSaudi and Yemeni forces captured Abu Osama al-Muhajer and other members of ISIL during a raid on June 3, says official.View full coverage on Google News