Thousands in pro-police rally as Hong Kong braces for another mass protest HONG KONG — Tens of...Read More
‘Fear’ and ‘favor’ chill newsroom at storied Japanese paper TOKYO — Early in December, dozens of...Read More
BevCanna Finds Consumers are Excited to Try Cannabis-Infused Beverages as Part of Their Healthy Lifestyles
BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE:BEV), announced the results of its extensive North American-wide consumer study, focused on product and consumption preferences within the nascent cannabis-infused beverage market.Read More
Barrick Gold Corp. on Friday announced a US$428-million all-share proposal to acquire the remaining 36 per cent of its troubled subsidiary Acacia Mining PLCRead More
U.S. Senator Schumer asks FBI, FTC to probe Russia’s FaceApp over security concerns U.S. Senate...Read More
U.S. judge slashes Roundup jury award to $25.3 mln from $80.3 mln A federal judge on Monday...Read More
Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff pressed social media companies on plan to handle deepfake images and videos
The name deepfake – a combination of “deep learning” and “fake” – comes from the Reddit user who published AI software for creating fake porn videos. (Reporting by Elizabeth Culliford; Editing by Greg Mitchell and Jonathan Oatis)Read More
After the march ended at 5pm, masked protesters continue to gather on streets in Sheung Shui. Photo: RTHKRead More
Istanbul’s new mayor faces stiff road ahead after landslide win Turkey’s main opposition scored a...Read More
There would be several exceptions to the opposition’s promise of equal treatment, according to the document. They would include bilateral loans from Russia and China, debt deals subject to corruption investigations, and debt subject to disputes in international arbitration tribunals. (Reporting by Corina Pons and Mayela Armas; Writing by Luc Cohen; Editing by Sandra Maler)Read More
The finance ministry sharply lowered its forecast for this year’s inflation to 0.9% from the previous 1.6%, compared with the central bank’s target set at 2% and underscoring a stronger case for the BOK to reduce interest rates.Read More
- Judge rules against hedge funds that challenged 2016 Jarden dealA Delaware judge ruled against hedge funds on Friday that tried to get more cash out of Newell Brands Inc's 2016 acquisition of consumer goods company Jarden Corp, the latest setback for a...
- Two top fixed-income portfolio managers exit Eaton VanceBond fund managers Kathleen Gaffney and Henry Peabody left Eaton Vance Corp at the end of June and have been replaced by existing members of the firm's fixed-income team, a spokeswoman told Reuters.
- Take it easy: central bank U-turns loosen financial conditionsRate cut bets and rallying equity and bond markets are feeding into a gradual loosening of financial market conditions that could potentially send world growth ticking higher by the end of the year,...
- BNY Mellon vows to stem billions in outflows from index productsBNY Mellon Corp's push to reinvigorate its money management business has yet to stem a continuous outflow of client cash from its $322 billion complex of index-based investment products.
- Andrew Left's Citron Capital posted net return of 24.7% in 1st half of 2019Andrew Left's Citron Capital posted a net return of 24.7% after fees and expenses in the first half of 2019, according to an investment letter posted on the fund's website Wednesday, but said "it has...
- Shinzo Abe Is Set to Become Japan’s Longest-Serving Prime Minister - The Wall Street JournalShinzo Abe Is Set to Become Japan’s Longest-Serving Prime Minister The Wall Street JournalJapan's ruling coalition retained its majority in elections for the upper house of parliament, putting Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on track to become the nation's ...View full coverage on Google News
- Puerto Rico governor announces he will not seek re-election but refuses to resign - Fox NewsPuerto Rico governor announces he will not seek re-election but refuses to resign Fox NewsPuerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello announced Sunday he will not seek re-election but refused to resign, as corruption allegations have sparked widespread ...View full coverage on Google News
- US says Venezuelan fighter jet 'aggressively shadowed' Navy reconnaissance plane, endangered crew - USA TODAYUS says Venezuelan fighter jet 'aggressively shadowed' Navy reconnaissance plane, endangered crew USA TODAYA Venezuelan fighter jet "aggressively shadowed" a U.S. reconnaissance plane last week, putting the American crew in danger, the U.S. Southern Command ...View full coverage on Google News
- China signs secret deal to use Cambodia naval base: report | TheHill - The HillChina signs secret deal to use Cambodia naval base: report | TheHill The HillChina has signed a secret deal to gain exclusive rights to a Cambodian naval base, The Wall Street Journal.View full coverage on Google News
- 'Alter your course:' Hear tense audio before Iran seized UK-flagged ship - CNN'Alter your course:' Hear tense audio before Iran seized UK-flagged ship CNNView full coverage on Google News