David Rosenberg: The hopes that fuelled the market rally are all evaporating — and now reality is...Read More
The plan is to make it easier for the world to trade with China, by funding roads, railways, pipelines, and other infrastructure projects in Asia and Africa.Read More
Business impasse: Trump pledges $16B to farmers; markets downturn WASHINGTON — President Jesse...Read More
US argues Huawei poses a national security risk, while Beijing accuses the US of “bullying” the company.
Last week, the Trump administration added Huawei – the world’s second largest smartphone maker – to its “entity list”, which bans the company from acquiring technology from US firms without government approval.Read More
The US justice department has filed 17 new charges against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange, who is facing extradition from the UK.
The latest charges accuse him of receiving and unlawfully publishing the names of classified sources.Read More
Medicare for All plan from Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders would charge no copays or deductibles for medical care
“Medicare for All proposals would leapfrog other countries in terms of essentially eliminating private insurance and out-of-pocket costs, and providing very expansive benefits,” said Larry Levitt, a health policy expert with the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. “It raises questions about how realistic the proposals are.”Read More
It was a big week in the Canadian airline industry, starting with Onex Corp.’s agreement to acquire WestJet Airlines Ltd. for $3.5 billion, followed by Air Canada’s announcement that it has entered into exclusive talks to buy Transat A.T. Inc. for approximately $520 million.Read More
Unable to compete with Chinese factories aided by government subsidies and high tariffs, REC Silicon is shutting down the facility, which makes products used in solar panels. The company, which once numbered 500 workers, is keeping its remaining 200 on the payroll for six weeks in hopes that pressure from Trump will force China to make a trade deal. But the prospects are uncertain.Read More
Today Estonia is so certain of its cyber defenses that it is the only country in the world to allow internet voting for the entire electorate, in every election, and thousands have already done so ahead of elections to the European Parliament.Read More
drones are hovering near avalanches to watch roaring snow. In North Carolina, they’re searching for the nests of endangered birds. In Kansas, they could soon be identifying sick cows through heat signatures.Read More
Vast gasoline lines form in oil-rich Venezuela MARACAIBO, Venezuela — U.S. sanctions on oil-rich...Read More
Canada’s year-long standoff with the Trump administration over punitive U.S. steel and aluminum tariffs is finally over, removing a key hurdle in efforts to ratify the new North American trade pact.Read More
- New York court dismisses whistleblower's libel suit against UBSA New York appeals court has dismissed a U.S. whistleblower's $20 million libel suit against Swiss bank UBS, his former employer, concluding that statements the Zurich-based bank made about him were...
- First net inflows into global equities in 10 weeks: BAMLInvestors have added to their global equity holdings for the first time in 2-1/2 months and continued to pile into bonds, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said on Friday, as worries about the U.S.-China...
- D.E. Shaw's top shareholder activist Koffey leaves hedge fundHedge fund manager Quentin Koffey, who joined D.E. Shaw & Co two years ago from Elliott Management Corp to lead its shareholder activism strategy, has left to join Senator Investment Group LP, the...
- Hedge fund manager David Tepper plans to send investors' money backBillionaire David Tepper plans to turn his hedge fund Appaloosa Management into a family office where he will invest his personal fortune and return capital to outside clients at some point, a person...
- Why pessimism on Social Security could come back to bite millennialsWhy does the word “old” come to mind for so many of us when the topic of Social Security comes up?
- European Election 2019: Results in maps and charts - BBC NewsEuropean Election 2019: Results in maps and charts BBC NewsMacron Chastened as French Voters Hand Narrow Victory to Le Pen BloombergEU election: Le Pen's far-right National Rally tops exit polls in France | DW News DW (English)No, Populists Haven't Taken Over the EU BloombergMatteo Salvini is spearheading an ultra-right alliance to cause havoc across the EU The IndependentView full coverage […]
- Has Narendra Modi ended dynastic politics in India? - BBC NewsHas Narendra Modi ended dynastic politics in India? BBC NewsIndia's Opposition Faces Up to Modi's Dominating Victory The Wall Street JournalPakistan PM Khan speaks with India's Modi to congratulate him on election win ReutersIndia’s dangerous landslide The Washington PostShould we fear for India's democracy? Al Jazeera EnglishView full coverage on Google News
- Trump meets Japanese emperor as trade concerns dominate visit - Aljazeera.comTrump meets Japanese emperor as trade concerns dominate visit Aljazeera.comJapanese leader courts Trump amid North Korea tension Editors ChoiceMelania steps out with Japan's prime minister's wife for day of cultural performances Daily MailTrump climbs into a sumo ring to present a 60-pound ‘President’s Cup’ in highlight of Japan trip The Washington PostTrump awards ‘President’s Cup’ at sumo match in […]
- Brexit Party set to win most UK seats in EU elections | TheHill - The HillBrexit Party set to win most UK seats in EU elections | TheHill The HillEuropean elections 2019: Brexit Party dominates as Tories and Labour suffer BBC NewsFarage: Brexit party demands a seat at the negotiating table Guardian NewsThe UK is one step closer to crashing out of Europe | TheHill The HillSTEPHEN GLOVER: We need a political genius to […]
- From the archives: Looking for the lost Leonardo - 60 MinutesFrom the archives: Looking for the lost Leonardo 60 Minutes