Like cobalt, nickel is a crucial component in lithium-ion batteries and may become more so as technology evolves.Read More
Inflation surges to highest in seven years, giving Bank of Canada room to hold rates Canadian...Read More
The science loop: How cognitive biases contribute to the intellectual entrenchment at the root of junk science
Enforced consensus and unmitigated social, professional or financial pressures are bound to distort the processes of questioning and falsification. There are, therefore, likely to entrench the cognitive biases of motivated reasoning and confirmation bias. And biased science is the seed of junk science that germinates under the conditions of intellectual or political polarization.Read More
Amazon, ExxonMobil called out over climate transparency Amazon.com Inc., Exxon Mobil Corp. and...Read More
McDonald’s reveals the damage of Raptors’ historic run: more than 2.5 million free french fries...Read More
Canada must ensure that China’s trade misconduct should be on the agenda at the upcoming G7 meeting in France in August because of its deleterious economic effects on the global economy.Read More
Hudson’s Bay said no decision has been made on Baker’s bid, and the retailer has formed a special committee to review the proposal with the assistance of outside advisers.Read More
AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s misfires on Iran, trade and that wall WASHINGTON — In President Donald...Read More
Da Vinci fiasco casts glare on opaque art market | Louvre to mark five centuries passing of Leonardo da Vinci with exhibition
Da Vinci fiasco casts glare on opaque art market As the Louvre prepares to mark five centuries...Read More
Hormuz is not important because of the volume of oil that flows through the strait daily, but because it is an ultra-tense flashpoint that could spark a much broader conflict both sides insist they do not want.Read More
Father’s Day surveys around the world. Cannabis, Shared Custody & Chinese Father-Children Relationship.
In China, people have the tendency to hide their feelings, even from close family members. But things appear to be changing, as more and more people become open-minded and want to offer affection to their loved ones.Read More
Addressing the broader issue of the two Koreas, Park said: “One plus one doesn’t just equal to two, it can also equate to simply a bigger one.”
And Lee, the filmmaker – who confessed he could not tell Northerners and Southerners apart – suggested that the broader lesson of the experiment is universal. “Respect the differences no matter who they are,” he said. “Not only Koreans – but people worldwide.”Read More
- HomeStreet defeats activist Roaring Blue Lion in proxy contestHomeStreet Inc defeated Roaring Blue Lion Capital Management's campaign to unseat one director and install its own candidate, ending a two-year standoff between the financial services company and the...
- Highfields spinoff Solel Partners to start trading later this yearSolel Partners is expected to start trading with more than $400 million in capital later this year, after the new hedge fund received commitments from pensions, endowments and the founders' former...
- DoubleLine's Gundlach says Fed's 'pivot' is following bond market's leadJeffrey Gundlach, chief executive of DoubleLine Capital and the most widely followed bond investor, said the Federal Reserve's dovish turn in its policy statement on Wednesday took its lead from the...
- Column: U.S. legislation will help retirement security, but bigger steps are neededFederal policy on retirement security is one chaotic mess right now.
- Most SoftBank Vision Fund investors want to join second fund: CEO SonMost investors in SoftBank Group Corp's $100 billion Vision Fund want to join the group's forthcoming second fund, and discussions with those investors will begin soon, SoftBank founder and Chief...
- Iran shoots down US drone: Live updates - CNNIran shoots down US drone: Live updates CNNTrump on attacking Iran: You'll find out CNNPentagon releases footage of US drone being shot down by Iran Fox NewsOpinion: Why War With Iran Is Bad For Trump — And America NPRPresident Trump was right on Iran | TheHill The HillView full coverage on Google News
- Tory leadership: Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt are final two - BBC NewsTory leadership: Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt are final two BBC NewsResults from latest round of Conservative leadership contest Guardian NewsTory leadership race: Who are the final three? Daily MailBoris Johnson is woefully unprepared to be the next prime minister The Washington PostThe Guardian view on the Tory leadership election: things fall apart The GuardianView full coverage on Google News
- Close up to stricken oil tanker with the US Navy - BBC NewsClose up to stricken oil tanker with the US Navy BBC NewsGulf crisis: Close up to stricken oil tanker with the US Navy - BBC News BBC News'They want to hit where it hurts': Here's why Iran could want to attack foreign tankers CNBCWorld War 3 danger: Iran, US and the Gulf - what’s happening as crisis escalates? Express.co.ukIran […]
- Putin says US sanctions on Huawei intended to weaken China - Al Jazeera EnglishPutin says US sanctions on Huawei intended to weaken China Al Jazeera EnglishRussia to release whales from 'jail' in far east after outcry BBC NewsAs ratings drop, Putin defends record, says better life awaits Russians ReutersPutin’s Domestic Comeback Isn’t Working BloombergRussia's Putin says a war between the U.S. and Iran 'would be a catastrophe' NBC NewsView full coverage on Google […]
- Chennai, India, is almost out of water. Satellite images show its nearly bone-dry reservoirs - CNNChennai, India, is almost out of water. Satellite images show its nearly bone-dry reservoirs CNNChennai water crisis in India leaves millions reliant on wells and trucks today as environmentalists cite climate change CBS NewsIndia is running out of water, fast Aljazeera.comHundreds of Protesters Arrested in India After Water Runs Dry U.S. News & World ReportIndia's sixth biggest city is […]