Thousands in pro-police rally as Hong Kong braces for another mass protest HONG KONG — Tens of...Read More
‘Fear’ and ‘favor’ chill newsroom at storied Japanese paper TOKYO — Early in December, dozens of...Read More
BevCanna Finds Consumers are Excited to Try Cannabis-Infused Beverages as Part of Their Healthy Lifestyles
BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE:BEV), announced the results of its extensive North American-wide consumer study, focused on product and consumption preferences within the nascent cannabis-infused beverage market.Read More
Barrick Gold Corp. on Friday announced a US$428-million all-share proposal to acquire the remaining 36 per cent of its troubled subsidiary Acacia Mining PLCRead More
U.S. Senator Schumer asks FBI, FTC to probe Russia’s FaceApp over security concerns U.S. Senate...Read More
U.S. judge slashes Roundup jury award to $25.3 mln from $80.3 mln A federal judge on Monday...Read More
Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff pressed social media companies on plan to handle deepfake images and videos
The name deepfake – a combination of “deep learning” and “fake” – comes from the Reddit user who published AI software for creating fake porn videos. (Reporting by Elizabeth Culliford; Editing by Greg Mitchell and Jonathan Oatis)Read More
After the march ended at 5pm, masked protesters continue to gather on streets in Sheung Shui. Photo: RTHKRead More
Istanbul’s new mayor faces stiff road ahead after landslide win Turkey’s main opposition scored a...Read More
There would be several exceptions to the opposition’s promise of equal treatment, according to the document. They would include bilateral loans from Russia and China, debt deals subject to corruption investigations, and debt subject to disputes in international arbitration tribunals. (Reporting by Corina Pons and Mayela Armas; Writing by Luc Cohen; Editing by Sandra Maler)Read More
The finance ministry sharply lowered its forecast for this year’s inflation to 0.9% from the previous 1.6%, compared with the central bank’s target set at 2% and underscoring a stronger case for the BOK to reduce interest rates.Read More
- Judge rules against hedge funds that challenged 2016 Jarden dealA Delaware judge ruled against hedge funds on Friday that tried to get more cash out of Newell Brands Inc's 2016 acquisition of consumer goods company Jarden Corp, the latest setback for a...
- Two top fixed-income portfolio managers exit Eaton VanceBond fund managers Kathleen Gaffney and Henry Peabody left Eaton Vance Corp at the end of June and have been replaced by existing members of the firm's fixed-income team, a spokeswoman told Reuters.
- Take it easy: central bank U-turns loosen financial conditionsRate cut bets and rallying equity and bond markets are feeding into a gradual loosening of financial market conditions that could potentially send world growth ticking higher by the end of the year,...
- BNY Mellon vows to stem billions in outflows from index productsBNY Mellon Corp's push to reinvigorate its money management business has yet to stem a continuous outflow of client cash from its $322 billion complex of index-based investment products.
- Andrew Left's Citron Capital posted net return of 24.7% in 1st half of 2019Andrew Left's Citron Capital posted a net return of 24.7% after fees and expenses in the first half of 2019, according to an investment letter posted on the fund's website Wednesday, but said "it has...
- Apple Shuts Hong Kong Stores Early as Fears of Lawlessness Rise - The Wall Street JournalApple Shuts Hong Kong Stores Early as Fears of Lawlessness Rise The Wall Street JournalHONG KONG—Tech giant Apple Inc. shut its stores early citywide on Monday, as fears of escalating violence and spiraling lawlessness linked to weekslong ...
- French Minerve submarine is found after disappearing in 1968 - BBC NewsFrench Minerve submarine is found after disappearing in 1968 BBC NewsFifty-two sailors were on board when the Minerve vanished over 50 years ago in the Mediterranean.View full coverage on Google News
- Iran CIA arrests: Iran claims it's nabbed 17 spies working for CIA and sentenced some to death today -- live updates - CBS NewsIran CIA arrests: Iran claims it's nabbed 17 spies working for CIA and sentenced some to death today -- live updates CBS NewsTehran, Iran -- Iran said Monday it has arrested 17 Iranian nationals allegedly recruited by the Central Intelligence Agency to spy on the country's nuclear and ...View full coverage on Google News
- Charlie Elphicke: Tory MP charged with sexual assault - BBC NewsCharlie Elphicke: Tory MP charged with sexual assault BBC NewsDover MP Charlie Elphicke is charged with three counts of sexual assault against two women.View full coverage on Google News
- Hong Kong protests: 'Riot police are moving in' - BBC News - BBC NewsHong Kong protests: 'Riot police are moving in' - BBC News BBC NewsView full coverage on Google News