The plan is to make it easier for the world to trade with China, by funding roads, railways, pipelines, and other infrastructure projects in Asia and Africa.Read More
Author: press reporter
Business impasse: Trump pledges $16B to farmers; markets downturn WASHINGTON — President Jesse...Read More
US argues Huawei poses a national security risk, while Beijing accuses the US of “bullying” the company.
Last week, the Trump administration added Huawei – the world’s second largest smartphone maker – to its “entity list”, which bans the company from acquiring technology from US firms without government approval.Read More
The US justice department has filed 17 new charges against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange, who is facing extradition from the UK.
The latest charges accuse him of receiving and unlawfully publishing the names of classified sources.Read More
Posted by press reporter | May 19, 2019
A flurry of Fed speakers and any new trade developments could shake up what normally might be a slow week of trading ahead of the three-day Memorial Day holiday weekend.Read More
- New York court dismisses whistleblower's libel suit against UBSA New York appeals court has dismissed a U.S. whistleblower's $20 million libel suit against Swiss bank UBS, his former employer, concluding that statements the Zurich-based bank made about him were...
- First net inflows into global equities in 10 weeks: BAMLInvestors have added to their global equity holdings for the first time in 2-1/2 months and continued to pile into bonds, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said on Friday, as worries about the U.S.-China...
- D.E. Shaw's top shareholder activist Koffey leaves hedge fundHedge fund manager Quentin Koffey, who joined D.E. Shaw & Co two years ago from Elliott Management Corp to lead its shareholder activism strategy, has left to join Senator Investment Group LP, the...
- Hedge fund manager David Tepper plans to send investors' money backBillionaire David Tepper plans to turn his hedge fund Appaloosa Management into a family office where he will invest his personal fortune and return capital to outside clients at some point, a person...
- Why pessimism on Social Security could come back to bite millennialsWhy does the word “old” come to mind for so many of us when the topic of Social Security comes up?
- European Election 2019: Results in maps and charts - BBC NewsEuropean Election 2019: Results in maps and charts BBC NewsMacron Chastened as French Voters Hand Narrow Victory to Le Pen BloombergEU election: Le Pen's far-right National Rally tops exit polls in France | DW News DW (English)No, Populists Haven't Taken Over the EU BloombergMatteo Salvini is spearheading an ultra-right alliance to cause havoc across the EU The IndependentView full coverage […]
- Has Narendra Modi ended dynastic politics in India? - BBC NewsHas Narendra Modi ended dynastic politics in India? BBC NewsIndia's Opposition Faces Up to Modi's Dominating Victory The Wall Street JournalPakistan PM Khan speaks with India's Modi to congratulate him on election win ReutersIndia’s dangerous landslide The Washington PostShould we fear for India's democracy? Al Jazeera EnglishView full coverage on Google News
- Trump meets Japanese emperor as trade concerns dominate visit - Aljazeera.comTrump meets Japanese emperor as trade concerns dominate visit Aljazeera.comJapanese leader courts Trump amid North Korea tension Editors ChoiceMelania steps out with Japan's prime minister's wife for day of cultural performances Daily MailTrump climbs into a sumo ring to present a 60-pound ‘President’s Cup’ in highlight of Japan trip The Washington PostTrump awards ‘President’s Cup’ at sumo match in […]
- Brexit Party set to win most UK seats in EU elections | TheHill - The HillBrexit Party set to win most UK seats in EU elections | TheHill The HillEuropean elections 2019: Brexit Party dominates as Tories and Labour suffer BBC NewsFarage: Brexit party demands a seat at the negotiating table Guardian NewsThe UK is one step closer to crashing out of Europe | TheHill The HillSTEPHEN GLOVER: We need a political genius to […]
- From the archives: Looking for the lost Leonardo - 60 MinutesFrom the archives: Looking for the lost Leonardo 60 Minutes