Tensions between the US and Iran can be traced back to Iran’s Islamic Revolution in 1979, which overthrew the pro-Western Shah and established a radical anti-US regime in its place.Read More
Author: press reporter
Venezuela crisis: Guaidó called for escalating series of strikes to force President Maduro to relinquish power.
Posted by press reporter | May 2, 2019
UN Secretary General António Guterres has appealed for both sides to avoid violence, while the EU has called for “utmost restraint to avoid the loss of lives and an escalation in tensions”.Read More
Posted by press reporter | May 2, 2019
Shares of Qualcomm dropped as much as 5% in extended trading Wednesday despite the semiconductor company’s better-than-expected second-quarter earnings. Qualcomm reported earnings per share of 77 cents on revenue of $4.98 billion. Wall Street expected earnings per share of 71 cents on revenue of $4.80 billion, according to Refinitiv consensus estimates. The stock pared its losses after the initial post-earnings dip to trade roughly 3% down.Read More
Posted by press reporter | May 1, 2019
Naruhito is Japan’s 126th emperor. He attended Oxford University, and became crown prince at the age of 28.In 1986, he reportedly met his wife, now Empress Masako Owada, at a tea party. They married in 1993.Read More
Posted by press reporter | Apr 29, 2019
Spain election: Socialists win amid far-right breakthrough Spain’s governing Socialists have...Read More
- New York court dismisses whistleblower's libel suit against UBSA New York appeals court has dismissed a U.S. whistleblower's $20 million libel suit against Swiss bank UBS, his former employer, concluding that statements the Zurich-based bank made about him were...
- First net inflows into global equities in 10 weeks: BAMLInvestors have added to their global equity holdings for the first time in 2-1/2 months and continued to pile into bonds, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said on Friday, as worries about the U.S.-China...
- D.E. Shaw's top shareholder activist Koffey leaves hedge fundHedge fund manager Quentin Koffey, who joined D.E. Shaw & Co two years ago from Elliott Management Corp to lead its shareholder activism strategy, has left to join Senator Investment Group LP, the...
- Hedge fund manager David Tepper plans to send investors' money backBillionaire David Tepper plans to turn his hedge fund Appaloosa Management into a family office where he will invest his personal fortune and return capital to outside clients at some point, a person...
- Why pessimism on Social Security could come back to bite millennialsWhy does the word “old” come to mind for so many of us when the topic of Social Security comes up?
- European Election 2019: Results in maps and charts - BBC NewsEuropean Election 2019: Results in maps and charts BBC NewsMacron Chastened as French Voters Hand Narrow Victory to Le Pen BloombergEU election: Le Pen's far-right National Rally tops exit polls in France | DW News DW (English)No, Populists Haven't Taken Over the EU BloombergMatteo Salvini is spearheading an ultra-right alliance to cause havoc across the EU The IndependentView full coverage […]
- Has Narendra Modi ended dynastic politics in India? - BBC NewsHas Narendra Modi ended dynastic politics in India? BBC NewsIndia's Opposition Faces Up to Modi's Dominating Victory The Wall Street JournalPakistan PM Khan speaks with India's Modi to congratulate him on election win ReutersIndia’s dangerous landslide The Washington PostShould we fear for India's democracy? Al Jazeera EnglishView full coverage on Google News
- Trump meets Japanese emperor as trade concerns dominate visit - Aljazeera.comTrump meets Japanese emperor as trade concerns dominate visit Aljazeera.comJapanese leader courts Trump amid North Korea tension Editors ChoiceMelania steps out with Japan's prime minister's wife for day of cultural performances Daily MailTrump climbs into a sumo ring to present a 60-pound ‘President’s Cup’ in highlight of Japan trip The Washington PostTrump awards ‘President’s Cup’ at sumo match in […]
- Brexit Party set to win most UK seats in EU elections | TheHill - The HillBrexit Party set to win most UK seats in EU elections | TheHill The HillEuropean elections 2019: Brexit Party dominates as Tories and Labour suffer BBC NewsFarage: Brexit party demands a seat at the negotiating table Guardian NewsThe UK is one step closer to crashing out of Europe | TheHill The HillSTEPHEN GLOVER: We need a political genius to […]
- From the archives: Looking for the lost Leonardo - 60 MinutesFrom the archives: Looking for the lost Leonardo 60 Minutes