The Trump administration hopes to compel Iran to negotiate a “new deal” that would cover not only its nuclear activities, but also its ballistic missile programme and what officials call its “malign behaviour” across the Middle East.Read More
Author: press reporter
Posted by press reporter | May 8, 2019
Tensions between the US and Iran can be traced back to Iran’s Islamic Revolution in 1979, which overthrew the pro-Western Shah and established a radical anti-US regime in its place.Read More
Venezuela crisis: Guaidó called for escalating series of strikes to force President Maduro to relinquish power.
Posted by press reporter | May 2, 2019
UN Secretary General António Guterres has appealed for both sides to avoid violence, while the EU has called for “utmost restraint to avoid the loss of lives and an escalation in tensions”.Read More
Posted by press reporter | May 2, 2019
Shares of Qualcomm dropped as much as 5% in extended trading Wednesday despite the semiconductor company’s better-than-expected second-quarter earnings. Qualcomm reported earnings per share of 77 cents on revenue of $4.98 billion. Wall Street expected earnings per share of 71 cents on revenue of $4.80 billion, according to Refinitiv consensus estimates. The stock pared its losses after the initial post-earnings dip to trade roughly 3% down.Read More
Posted by press reporter | May 1, 2019
Naruhito is Japan’s 126th emperor. He attended Oxford University, and became crown prince at the age of 28.In 1986, he reportedly met his wife, now Empress Masako Owada, at a tea party. They married in 1993.Read More
- Guggenheim's Scott Minerd warns world bond markets are in a 'bubble'The bond market is in a "bubble," particularly sovereign debt, Guggenheim Partners global chief investment officer Scott Minerd warned on Thursday, and he said that efforts by the Federal Reserve to...
- Column: U.S. Medicare readies new plan-shopping website, but timing prompts concerns(The opinions expressed here are those of the author, a columnist for Reuters.)
- Sovereign investors' dislike for equities mostly fades in second quarterSovereign wealth funds' distaste for equities mostly faded in the second quarter, with some investors turning to emerging- market passive equity funds, data from the research firm eVestment showed on...
- U.S. money fund assets hit highest since October 2009: iMoneyNetU.S. money market funds amassed their highest level of assets since October 2009 as investors shift cash into low-risk products amid worries about a global economic slowdown and trade tensions, a...
- Moneysaving 101: Four ways to cut college textbook costs(The writer is a Reuters contributor. The opinions expressed are his own.)
- The Amazon is on fire - how bad is it? - BBC NewsThe Amazon is on fire - how bad is it? BBC NewsThousands of fires are ravaging the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. How bad are they?View full coverage on Google News
- Israeli Airstrike Hits Weapons Depot in Iraq - The New York TimesIsraeli Airstrike Hits Weapons Depot in Iraq The New York TimesIsrael has carried out an airstrike on a weapons depot in Iraq that officials said was being used by Iran to move weapons to Syria, an attack that could destabilize ...View full coverage on Google News
- Ivanka and Jared are silent amid controversy - CNNIvanka and Jared are silent amid controversy CNNView full coverage on Google News
- Papua protests: Racist taunts open deep wounds - BBC NewsPapua protests: Racist taunts open deep wounds BBC NewsA catalogue of racist taunts aimed at a group of students have sparked violent protests in Indonesia's eastern region of Papua. The area's largest protests in ...View full coverage on Google News
- 2 Green Berets killed in combat in Afghanistan identified - Fox News2 Green Berets killed in combat in Afghanistan identified Fox NewsThe military released the names of the two Green Berets who were killed Wednesday during combat supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel in Afghanistan.View full coverage on Google News