The Trump administration hopes to compel Iran to negotiate a “new deal” that would cover not only its nuclear activities, but also its ballistic missile programme and what officials call its “malign behaviour” across the Middle East.Read More
Author: press reporter
Posted by press reporter | May 8, 2019
Tensions between the US and Iran can be traced back to Iran’s Islamic Revolution in 1979, which overthrew the pro-Western Shah and established a radical anti-US regime in its place.Read More
Venezuela crisis: Guaidó called for escalating series of strikes to force President Maduro to relinquish power.
Posted by press reporter | May 2, 2019
UN Secretary General António Guterres has appealed for both sides to avoid violence, while the EU has called for “utmost restraint to avoid the loss of lives and an escalation in tensions”.Read More
Posted by press reporter | May 2, 2019
Shares of Qualcomm dropped as much as 5% in extended trading Wednesday despite the semiconductor company’s better-than-expected second-quarter earnings. Qualcomm reported earnings per share of 77 cents on revenue of $4.98 billion. Wall Street expected earnings per share of 71 cents on revenue of $4.80 billion, according to Refinitiv consensus estimates. The stock pared its losses after the initial post-earnings dip to trade roughly 3% down.Read More
Posted by press reporter | May 1, 2019
Naruhito is Japan’s 126th emperor. He attended Oxford University, and became crown prince at the age of 28.In 1986, he reportedly met his wife, now Empress Masako Owada, at a tea party. They married in 1993.Read More
- AT&T, Elliott in talks after activist campaign launched: sourcesAT&T and Elliott Management are talking about issues the activist hedge fund raised last month when it pushed for change at the U.S. telecommunications and media conglomerate, two people familiar...
- Goldman wants traders to be more like dealmakers and codersOver the past decade or so, Goldman Sachs Group Inc has watched its annual trading profits fall 84%, as post-financial crisis regulations upended Wall Street. Now, bank executives are hoping they...
- Your Money: U.S. teachers take hands-on approach to financial literacyThere are a lot of hard truths about money, but here is one of the hardest: We are really bad at passing along money smarts.
- U.S. stock funds see first weekly inflow in a monthU.S. equity funds attracted $4 billion in the week ended Wednesday, the first inflow in four weeks, according to data release by Lipper.
- Members of Los Angeles pension board ready to drop money manager Ken FisherCommissioners of a $23 billion Los Angeles fire and police pension fund are ready to drop the firm of money manager Kenneth Fisher, who is under fire for allegedly making insensitive remarks about...
- Son of Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman at center of shootout - CNNSon of Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman at center of shootout CNNEl Chapo: Heavy fighting erupts in Culiacán over drug lord's son BBC NewsCartel gunmen chase away security forces, free El Chapo's son CNBCEl Chapo's son arrested in Mexico amid gun battles in western city New York Post Troops Locate El Chapo's Son Sparking Intense Gun Battle BloombergView full […]
- Democratic senator rips Trump's 'let them fight' remarks: 'Enough is enough' | TheHill - The HillDemocratic senator rips Trump's 'let them fight' remarks: 'Enough is enough' | TheHill The HillTrump celebrates 'great day for civilization' as Pence, Pompeo secure Syria cease-fire agreement Fox NewsTurkey's Erdogan 'threw Trump's Syria letter in bin' BBC NewsTurkey’s Victory Over Donald Trump The New York Times'I hope history will not record' Trump letter to Erdoğan: Turkish ambassador Washington ExaminerView full […]
- China's pork shortage could give US farmers a chance to cash in - CNBCChina's pork shortage could give US farmers a chance to cash in CNBC
- Mitt Romney slams Trump for withdrawing US troops from Syria, says cease-fire ‘far from a victory’ - Fox NewsMitt Romney slams Trump for withdrawing US troops from Syria, says cease-fire ‘far from a victory’ Fox NewsPaul blocks Senate vote on House-passed Syria resolution | TheHill The HillTrump on ceasefire: This is an 'incredible outcome' l ABC News ABC NewsRand Paul just blocked a vote to condemn President Donald Trump’s withdrawal of troops in Syria Vox.comRomney denounces Trump’s […]
- Does praying burn calories? Here’s the pope’s $110 e-rosary - Circuit BreakerDoes praying burn calories? Here’s the pope’s $110 e-rosary Circuit BreakerVatican launches new 'eRosary' bracelet BBC NewsVatican unveils 'smart rosary' activated by making the sign of the cross Fox NewsThe Vatican reinvents the rosary into a $110 wearable CNETHigh-tech rosary aimed at luring godless teens back to church New York Post View full coverage on Google News