U.S. judge slashes Roundup jury award to $25.3 mln from $80.3 mln A federal judge on Monday...Read More
Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff pressed social media companies on plan to handle deepfake images and videos
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 16, 2019
The name deepfake – a combination of “deep learning” and “fake” – comes from the Reddit user who published AI software for creating fake porn videos. (Reporting by Elizabeth Culliford; Editing by Greg Mitchell and Jonathan Oatis)Read More
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 15, 2019
After the march ended at 5pm, masked protesters continue to gather on streets in Sheung Shui. Photo: RTHKRead More
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 15, 2019
Istanbul’s new mayor faces stiff road ahead after landslide win Turkey’s main opposition scored a...Read More
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 5, 2019
There would be several exceptions to the opposition’s promise of equal treatment, according to the document. They would include bilateral loans from Russia and China, debt deals subject to corruption investigations, and debt subject to disputes in international arbitration tribunals. (Reporting by Corina Pons and Mayela Armas; Writing by Luc Cohen; Editing by Sandra Maler)Read More
- Pioneer Natural CEO calls on investors to divest in companies with high flaringThe chief executive of Pioneer Natural Resources, Scott Sheffield, on Thursday called on energy investors to sell shares or pull funding from companies that have rates of natural gas flaring.
- RBC to launch U.S. consumer bank betting on wealthy clientsRoyal Bank of Canada plans to open a consumer bank in the United States early next year targeting wealthy clients, with the aim of expanding deposits, its chief financial officer told Reuters on...
- Senator hedge fund's founding duo to split; Klabin will leave firmHedge fund Senator Investment Group told clients on Thursday that its founding partners are splitting up, ending one of the industry's more profitable and durable professional marriages.
- U.S. stock funds lose $2.6 billion in week: LipperU.S. equity funds saw outflows of $2.6 billion in the latest week, according to Lipper.
- U.S. money market assets decreased in latest week-iMoneyNetU.S. money market fund assets decreased by $3.64 billion to $3.575 trillion in the week ended Feb 18, the Money Fund Report said on Wednesday.
- Virus concern grips Washington as Trump dispenses optimism - CNNVirus concern grips Washington as Trump dispenses optimism CNNCoronavirus Might Be the Rare Crisis Trump Has to Deal With That's Not of His Own Making Yahoo LifestyleChina Virus: Italy Emerges at Center Europe's Largest Coronavirus Outbreak QuickTake by BloombergCoronavirus dangers loom. Complacency is one of them. The Washington PostCoronavirus outbreak: "This virus does not respect borders" FRANCE 24 EnglishView Full […]
- Coronavirus outbreak: Italian officials confirm seven deaths - Al Jazeera EnglishCoronavirus outbreak: Italian officials confirm seven deaths Al Jazeera EnglishCoronavirus Tests Europe's Open Borders as Italy Death Toll Rises The Wall Street JournalIs it safe for travelers to visit Italy? CNNCoronavirus shuts Venice's Carnival and threatens Italy's economy Los Angeles TimesCoronavirus: Italian towns on lockdown amid disease outbreak The TelegraphView Full Coverage on Google News
- 21 of the world's 30 cities with the worst air pollution are in India - CNN21 of the world's 30 cities with the worst air pollution are in India CNNTwo-Thirds of the World’s Most Polluted Cities Are in India BloombergIndia's Air Pollution Down 20%, Report Pins It On Economic Slowdown NDTV NewsTwo-Thirds Of World's Most Polluted Cities Are In India: Report NDTV NewsView Full Coverage on Google News
- Coronavirus: South Korea to test 200,000 sect members as pandemic fears hit markets - The GuardianCoronavirus: South Korea to test 200,000 sect members as pandemic fears hit markets The GuardianCoronavirus: New global outbreaks emerge - BBC News BBC NewsGlobal outbreak causes coronavirus pandemic fears after cases jump in Italy, South Korea and Iran Fox NewsIs the Coronavirus Outbreak a Pandemic Yet? The New York TimesDr. Peter Hotez: As coronavirus spreads, the US is not […]
- Religious group at heart of surge in virus cases in South Korea - CNNReligious group at heart of surge in virus cases in South Korea CNN