U.S. judge slashes Roundup jury award to $25.3 mln from $80.3 mln A federal judge on Monday...Read More
Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff pressed social media companies on plan to handle deepfake images and videos
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 16, 2019
The name deepfake – a combination of “deep learning” and “fake” – comes from the Reddit user who published AI software for creating fake porn videos. (Reporting by Elizabeth Culliford; Editing by Greg Mitchell and Jonathan Oatis)Read More
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 15, 2019
After the march ended at 5pm, masked protesters continue to gather on streets in Sheung Shui. Photo: RTHKRead More
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 15, 2019
Istanbul’s new mayor faces stiff road ahead after landslide win Turkey’s main opposition scored a...Read More
Posted by pressreporter | Jul 5, 2019
There would be several exceptions to the opposition’s promise of equal treatment, according to the document. They would include bilateral loans from Russia and China, debt deals subject to corruption investigations, and debt subject to disputes in international arbitration tribunals. (Reporting by Corina Pons and Mayela Armas; Writing by Luc Cohen; Editing by Sandra Maler)Read More
- AT&T, Elliott in talks after activist campaign launched: sourcesAT&T and Elliott Management are talking about issues the activist hedge fund raised last month when it pushed for change at the U.S. telecommunications and media conglomerate, two people familiar...
- Goldman wants traders to be more like dealmakers and codersOver the past decade or so, Goldman Sachs Group Inc has watched its annual trading profits fall 84%, as post-financial crisis regulations upended Wall Street. Now, bank executives are hoping they...
- Your Money: U.S. teachers take hands-on approach to financial literacyThere are a lot of hard truths about money, but here is one of the hardest: We are really bad at passing along money smarts.
- U.S. stock funds see first weekly inflow in a monthU.S. equity funds attracted $4 billion in the week ended Wednesday, the first inflow in four weeks, according to data release by Lipper.
- Members of Los Angeles pension board ready to drop money manager Ken FisherCommissioners of a $23 billion Los Angeles fire and police pension fund are ready to drop the firm of money manager Kenneth Fisher, who is under fire for allegedly making insensitive remarks about...
- Live updates: Trump, GOP allies seize on a report damaging to Biden - The Washington PostLive updates: Trump, GOP allies seize on a report damaging to Biden The Washington PostPerry to Resign as Energy Secretary The New York TimesU.S. energy chief says departure has 'absolutely nothing' to do with Ukraine ReutersAn open letter to Rick Perry The Washington PostRick Perry speaks out after resigning as Trump's energy secretary Fox NewsView full coverage on Google News
- Pompeo lashes out at impeachment inquiry - POLITICOPompeo lashes out at impeachment inquiry POLITICOImpeachment protests and mass resistance are needed to beat Trump Vox.comAgainst impeachment, protesters urge Congress to 'let Trump do his job' Fox NewsThe Impeachment Needle May Soon Move The Wall Street JournalColumn: Trump to Congress: Impeach me! Chicago TribuneView full coverage on Google News
- Brexit: No better outcome than my deal, says Johnson - BBC NewsBrexit: No better outcome than my deal, says Johnson BBC NewsEuropean Union’s Message to U.K.: Just Leave Already The New York TimesBrexit: Johnson in race to win support for deal BBC NewsEditorial: Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal makes the best of what's still a terrible idea Los Angeles TimesBritain's huge Brexit Saturday Washington ExaminerView full coverage on Google News
- Kurdish boy treated for white phosphorus burns allegedly used by Turkish forces - New York PostKurdish boy treated for white phosphorus burns allegedly used by Turkish forces New York Post Sen. Mitt Romney raises a troubling theory about Trump and Turkey The Washington PostKurd commander accepts ceasefire terms CBS Evening NewsTurkey’s Victory Over Donald Trump The New York Times‘Cease-fire’ in Syria gives Turkey just what it wanted The Boston GlobeView full coverage on Google News
- GOP rep says Trump's Syria actions will affect US relations with allies - CNNGOP rep says Trump's Syria actions will affect US relations with allies CNNGOP lawmaker: Leaving Syria the way we did, 'unbelievable' CNNView full coverage on Google News