Amazon wants to own the “channel” in more ways than one. With its core retail business settling down, it’s pushing into new investments that build on its pillars of E-commerce, Cloud and smart home technologies.Read More
Warren Buffett told CNBC on Monday that Berkshire Hathaway paid too much for Kraft, noting he might have misjudged certain aspects about the company.Read More
Colorado-based Newmont Mining Corp. announced on Friday that its $10 billion deal to purchase Vancouver-based Goldcorp Inc. is moving forward after the latter obtained an interim plan of arrangement, throwing cold water on the idea that Newmont is interested in a merger with Barrick Gold Corp.Read More
A special committee appointed to review short seller allegations against licensed producer Aphria Inc., has concluded that the company’s Latin American acquisitions in question were purchased at prices “within an acceptable range as compared to similar acquisitions by competitors,” according to a news release on the report put out by the company Friday morning.Read More
Qatar and Exxon Mobil plan US$10 billion gas investment in Texas HOUSTON — Qatar Petroleum and...Read More
- Judge rules against hedge funds that challenged 2016 Jarden dealA Delaware judge ruled against hedge funds on Friday that tried to get more cash out of Newell Brands Inc's 2016 acquisition of consumer goods company Jarden Corp, the latest setback for a...
- Two top fixed-income portfolio managers exit Eaton VanceBond fund managers Kathleen Gaffney and Henry Peabody left Eaton Vance Corp at the end of June and have been replaced by existing members of the firm's fixed-income team, a spokeswoman told Reuters.
- Take it easy: central bank U-turns loosen financial conditionsRate cut bets and rallying equity and bond markets are feeding into a gradual loosening of financial market conditions that could potentially send world growth ticking higher by the end of the year,...
- BNY Mellon vows to stem billions in outflows from index productsBNY Mellon Corp's push to reinvigorate its money management business has yet to stem a continuous outflow of client cash from its $322 billion complex of index-based investment products.
- Andrew Left's Citron Capital posted net return of 24.7% in 1st half of 2019Andrew Left's Citron Capital posted a net return of 24.7% after fees and expenses in the first half of 2019, according to an investment letter posted on the fund's website Wednesday, but said "it has...
- Shinzo Abe Is Set to Become Japan’s Longest-Serving Prime Minister - The Wall Street JournalShinzo Abe Is Set to Become Japan’s Longest-Serving Prime Minister The Wall Street JournalJapan's ruling coalition retained its majority in elections for the upper house of parliament, putting Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on track to become the nation's ...View full coverage on Google News
- Puerto Rico governor announces he will not seek re-election but refuses to resign - Fox NewsPuerto Rico governor announces he will not seek re-election but refuses to resign Fox NewsPuerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello announced Sunday he will not seek re-election but refused to resign, as corruption allegations have sparked widespread ...View full coverage on Google News
- US says Venezuelan fighter jet 'aggressively shadowed' Navy reconnaissance plane, endangered crew - USA TODAYUS says Venezuelan fighter jet 'aggressively shadowed' Navy reconnaissance plane, endangered crew USA TODAYA Venezuelan fighter jet "aggressively shadowed" a U.S. reconnaissance plane last week, putting the American crew in danger, the U.S. Southern Command ...View full coverage on Google News
- China signs secret deal to use Cambodia naval base: report | TheHill - The HillChina signs secret deal to use Cambodia naval base: report | TheHill The HillChina has signed a secret deal to gain exclusive rights to a Cambodian naval base, The Wall Street Journal.View full coverage on Google News
- 'Alter your course:' Hear tense audio before Iran seized UK-flagged ship - CNN'Alter your course:' Hear tense audio before Iran seized UK-flagged ship CNNView full coverage on Google News