Canada’s biggest banks have a track record of swallowing up competitors – from upstart retail banks such as ING Direct to the Canadian credit card portfolios of U.S. banks including JP Morgan and Citigroup.Read More
New guidance from OSFI on interest rate risks
Improperly managed risks pose a ‘significant threat’ to a bank’s capital base, earnings
Canada’s big banks feel the pain from the stock market’s swoon Investors weren’t the only ones who...Read More
Short sellers renew bets against Canadian banks in 2019 — so far they’re paying a high price Short...Read More
Top-performing hedge fund is shorting Canadian banks on all the usual suspects — and something even more worrying
Top-performing hedge fund is shorting Canadian banks on all the usual suspects — and something...Read More
- BlackRock Investment Institute 'modestly positive' on risk assets for 2020BlackRock Investment Institute said on Tuesday it was cautiously rotating into cyclical assets, Japanese equities and emerging markets.
- Ackman's Pershing Square makes new bet on Agilent TechnologiesBillionaire investor William Ackman's hedge fund Pershing Square Capital Management said Monday it bought shares in testing equipment company Agilent Technologies Inc, only its second new investment...
- Investor to oppose Instructure's plans to sell to Thoma BravoRivulet Capital, a large investor in Instructure Inc, on Thursday said it will resist the U.S. educational software company's plan to sell itself to private equity firm Thoma Bravo for $2 billion,...
- Top U.S. stockpickers keep low profileThe co-managers of the best stock mutual fund of this decade work out of a small office in Los Angeles, rarely talk with the financial media and have never appeared as guests on CNBC looking to raise...
- U.S. banking regulators urge 'responsible use' of alternative lending dataU.S. banking regulators said on Tuesday that lenders must have robust compliance tools in place to ensure "responsible use" of non-traditional sources of financial data to help determine whether a...
- 5 key differences between NAFTA and Trump's USMCA deal - CNN5 key differences between NAFTA and Trump's USMCA deal CNNPelosi announces agreement on North American trade pact AOLPelosi: Timing of trade deal with Mexico and Canada and announcement of articles of impeachment n… CBS NewsDo-nothing Democrats need to work with GOP and pass USMCA Washington ExaminerThe real value of tariffs | TheHill The HillView full coverage on Google News
- Al-Shabaab claims attack on elite hotel in Mogadishu - CNNAl-Shabaab claims attack on elite hotel in Mogadishu CNNSomalia: Al-Shabab gunmen attack Mogadishu hotel Al Jazeera EnglishIslamists attack Somali hotel, police say two militants killed ReutersAl Shabaab gunmen attack hotel near president's... Daily MailSomalia hotel attack: Terrorists throw grenades at police to storm top Mogadishu site Express.co.ukView full coverage on Google News
- Giuliani says Trump asked him to brief Justice Dept. and GOP senators on his Ukraine findings - The Washington PostGiuliani says Trump asked him to brief Justice Dept. and GOP senators on his Ukraine findings The Washington PostExclusive: Top Ukraine Official Andriy Yermak Casts Doubt on Key Impeachment Testimony TIMEDemocrats And Republicans Make Their Case For And Against Impeaching Trump | NBC News Now NBC NewsAn illustrated guide to the Trump impeachment inquiry The Washington PostRepublicans' false narratives […]
- Laurent Simons, 9-year-old prodigy, leaves university without graduating - CNNLaurent Simons, 9-year-old prodigy, leaves university without graduating CNN9-year-old from Netherlands accepted to PhD program at US university | TheHill The HillLaurent Simons: Belgian child prodigy drops out of university BBC NewsBelgian student, 9, drops out of Dutch university after dates row Daily Mail9-year-old Belgian prodigy accepted to PhD program at US university The HillView full coverage on Google News
- Navy Suspends Flight Training for Saudi Military Students in Florida - The New York TimesNavy Suspends Flight Training for Saudi Military Students in Florida The New York TimesAfter NAS Pensacola shooting, Navy suspends flight training for nearly 300 Saudi students, official says Fox NewsTrump’s reaction to the Pensacola shooting was insensitive and insufficient The Washington PostFor American interests in Saudi Arabia, a choice between restaurants and Jamal Khashoggi Washington ExaminerUS pauses training of […]