Environmentalists say it’s the latest example of how Bolsonaro, who campaigned on promises to revive Latin America’s largest economy by cutting red tape, is pushing aside warnings and scientific evidence in the name of progress. It comes at a time when Brazil, one of the world’s largest oil producers and energy consumers, is moving toward the privatization of several industries, including offshore exploration.Read More
Brumadinho dam collapse: ‘Little hope’ of finding missing in Brazil At least 300...Read More
- AT&T, Elliott in talks after activist campaign launched: sourcesAT&T and Elliott Management are talking about issues the activist hedge fund raised last month when it pushed for change at the U.S. telecommunications and media conglomerate, two people familiar...
- Goldman wants traders to be more like dealmakers and codersOver the past decade or so, Goldman Sachs Group Inc has watched its annual trading profits fall 84%, as post-financial crisis regulations upended Wall Street. Now, bank executives are hoping they...
- Your Money: U.S. teachers take hands-on approach to financial literacyThere are a lot of hard truths about money, but here is one of the hardest: We are really bad at passing along money smarts.
- U.S. stock funds see first weekly inflow in a monthU.S. equity funds attracted $4 billion in the week ended Wednesday, the first inflow in four weeks, according to data release by Lipper.
- Members of Los Angeles pension board ready to drop money manager Ken FisherCommissioners of a $23 billion Los Angeles fire and police pension fund are ready to drop the firm of money manager Kenneth Fisher, who is under fire for allegedly making insensitive remarks about...
- Live updates: Trump, GOP allies seize on a report damaging to Biden - The Washington PostLive updates: Trump, GOP allies seize on a report damaging to Biden The Washington PostPerry to Resign as Energy Secretary The New York TimesU.S. energy chief says departure has 'absolutely nothing' to do with Ukraine ReutersAn open letter to Rick Perry The Washington PostRick Perry speaks out after resigning as Trump's energy secretary Fox NewsView full coverage on Google News
- Pompeo lashes out at impeachment inquiry - POLITICOPompeo lashes out at impeachment inquiry POLITICOImpeachment protests and mass resistance are needed to beat Trump Vox.comAgainst impeachment, protesters urge Congress to 'let Trump do his job' Fox NewsThe Impeachment Needle May Soon Move The Wall Street JournalColumn: Trump to Congress: Impeach me! Chicago TribuneView full coverage on Google News
- Brexit: No better outcome than my deal, says Johnson - BBC NewsBrexit: No better outcome than my deal, says Johnson BBC NewsEuropean Union’s Message to U.K.: Just Leave Already The New York TimesBrexit: Johnson in race to win support for deal BBC NewsEditorial: Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal makes the best of what's still a terrible idea Los Angeles TimesBritain's huge Brexit Saturday Washington ExaminerView full coverage on Google News
- Kurdish boy treated for white phosphorus burns allegedly used by Turkish forces - New York PostKurdish boy treated for white phosphorus burns allegedly used by Turkish forces New York Post Sen. Mitt Romney raises a troubling theory about Trump and Turkey The Washington PostKurd commander accepts ceasefire terms CBS Evening NewsTurkey’s Victory Over Donald Trump The New York Times‘Cease-fire’ in Syria gives Turkey just what it wanted The Boston GlobeView full coverage on Google News
- GOP rep says Trump's Syria actions will affect US relations with allies - CNNGOP rep says Trump's Syria actions will affect US relations with allies CNNGOP lawmaker: Leaving Syria the way we did, 'unbelievable' CNNView full coverage on Google News