Court to consider continuing injunction against LNG pipeline opponents in B.C. PRINCE GEORGE, B.C....Read More
A senior government official speaking on the condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak publicly on the matter, said after going through every amendment — there were 187 by one count — the government has concluded most of the proposals by Conservative senators were designed to weaken the bill.
“The vast majority of conservative proposals are simply unacceptable,” he said.Read More
An agreement on tracking thousands of types of plastic waste emerged Friday at the end of a two-week meeting of U.N.-backed conventions on plastic waste and toxic, hazardous chemicals.Read More
In the Trump administration’s latest effort to increase oil and gas drilling on federal land, it announced finalized plans Thursday to open 725,500 acres along California’s Central Coast to fossil fuel exploration.Read More
Alberta’s premier, Jason Kenney has picked fights on two different fronts by threatening a constitutional challenge against OttawaRead More
Environmentalists say it’s the latest example of how Bolsonaro, who campaigned on promises to revive Latin America’s largest economy by cutting red tape, is pushing aside warnings and scientific evidence in the name of progress. It comes at a time when Brazil, one of the world’s largest oil producers and energy consumers, is moving toward the privatization of several industries, including offshore exploration.Read More
3D technology being used to locate new Alaska oil pockets PRUDHOE BAY, Alaska — New technology is...Read More
WWF sounds alarm after 48 lbs of plastic found in dead whaleRead More
The Latest: Company says damaged gasoline tank stable HOUSTON — The Latest on fire damage at a...Read More
PG&E objects to judge’s proposals to prevent wildfires SAN FRANCISCO — Pacific Gas &...Read More
People near burned Texas chemical plant told to stay indoors HOUSTON — Authorities on Thursday...Read More
Monsanto found responsible for cancer case by US courtA US jury on Tuesday found Bayer AG’s...Read More
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach says Federal Reserve has lost controlThe Federal Reserve has lost control of interest rates as evidenced by the federal funds rate trading higher than any part of the U.S. Treasury yield curve, Jeffrey Gundlach, the chief executive of...
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass sees 'shallow recession' potentially in 2020: CNBCHedge fund manager Kyle Bass told CNBC on Tuesday that he sees a "shallow recession" potentially in 2020, also adding that he thinks U.S. interest rates will follow the global interest rates all the...
- Yields rise on German fiscal stimulus hopesBenchmark U.S. Treasury yields rose on Friday on a report that Germany may be open to running a deficit to boost growth, while stronger stock markets also reduced demand for safe haven debt.
- Canada's Intact Financial to buy Guarantee Co, Frank Cowan for C$1 billionCanadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy The Guarantee Co of North America and Frank Cowan Co for C$1 billion ($750.6 million) in cash from...
- Your Money: Big companies explore virtual care to curb healthcare costsBig companies are increasing incorporating virtual technology and care options into employee benefit plans to combat the rising healthcare costs that long been corporate America's bugaboo, according...
- Cardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld - The New York TimesCardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld The New York TimesCardinal George Pell loses appeal against conviction for child sex abuse CNN InternationalCardinal George Pell loses appeal against sexual abuse convictions BBC NewsCardinal George Pell loses appeal and likely to be stripped of Order of Australia – live The GuardianDecision Time for Pope After Cardinal George Pell Loses […]
- A trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government - CNNA trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government CNNEl Callao, Venezuela (CNN) The crash of steel pounding rock echoes through the dark gallery, as Darwin Rojas, 43, hammers away in a small corner.View full coverage on Google News
- Trump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight - CNNTrump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight CNNThe Trump administration has formally approved a major $8 billion arms sale to Taiwan involving 66 new F-16C/D fighter jets, the State Department announced ...View full coverage on Google News
- The Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space - USA TODAYThe Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space USA TODAYAmazon fires: Brazilian rainforest burning at record rate, space agency warns BBC NewsBolsonaro’s Amazon-sized spat with Germany and Norway threatens Europe-South America trade deal The Washington PostBrazil's Jair Bolsonaro Blasted for Inaction Over Amazon Forest Fires NewsweekBrazil fires prompt 'prayers' for Amazon rainforest BBC NewsView […]
- Italy Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? - Vox.comItaly Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? Vox.comItaly's prime minister resigned on Tuesday, throwing a twist in far-right, anti-immigrant leader Matteo Salvini's power play to get early elections.View full coverage on Google News