Hong Kong’s legislature building remains closed after mass protests over a proposed extradition law that would allow for suspects to be sent to mainland China for trial turned violent on Wednesday (June 12).Read More
The US justice department has filed 17 new charges against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange, who is facing extradition from the UK.
The latest charges accuse him of receiving and unlawfully publishing the names of classified sources.Read More
Under Swedish law, they have until next year to pursue the case. If they do re-open the investigation, it is likely to raise the question of which extradition request should take precedence: that of Sweden or the US.Read More
“Ecuadorian President Lenin Moreno was angered by the apparent hacking of his personal communications”Read More
Huawei opens Brussels security lab in bid to reassure EU BRUSSELS — Chinese tech giant Huawei is...Read More
China tells US to stop ‘unreasonable crackdown’ on Huawei BEIJING — China’s government called on...Read More
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach says Federal Reserve has lost controlThe Federal Reserve has lost control of interest rates as evidenced by the federal funds rate trading higher than any part of the U.S. Treasury yield curve, Jeffrey Gundlach, the chief executive of...
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass sees 'shallow recession' potentially in 2020: CNBCHedge fund manager Kyle Bass told CNBC on Tuesday that he sees a "shallow recession" potentially in 2020, also adding that he thinks U.S. interest rates will follow the global interest rates all the...
- Yields rise on German fiscal stimulus hopesBenchmark U.S. Treasury yields rose on Friday on a report that Germany may be open to running a deficit to boost growth, while stronger stock markets also reduced demand for safe haven debt.
- Canada's Intact Financial to buy Guarantee Co, Frank Cowan for C$1 billionCanadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy The Guarantee Co of North America and Frank Cowan Co for C$1 billion ($750.6 million) in cash from...
- Your Money: Big companies explore virtual care to curb healthcare costsBig companies are increasing incorporating virtual technology and care options into employee benefit plans to combat the rising healthcare costs that long been corporate America's bugaboo, according...
- Cardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld - The New York TimesCardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld The New York TimesCardinal George Pell loses appeal against conviction for child sex abuse CNN InternationalCardinal George Pell loses appeal against sexual abuse convictions BBC NewsCardinal George Pell loses appeal and likely to be stripped of Order of Australia – live The GuardianDecision Time for Pope After Cardinal George Pell Loses […]
- A trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government - CNNA trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government CNNEl Callao, Venezuela (CNN) The crash of steel pounding rock echoes through the dark gallery, as Darwin Rojas, 43, hammers away in a small corner.View full coverage on Google News
- Trump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight - CNNTrump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight CNNThe Trump administration has formally approved a major $8 billion arms sale to Taiwan involving 66 new F-16C/D fighter jets, the State Department announced ...View full coverage on Google News
- The Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space - USA TODAYThe Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space USA TODAYAmazon fires: Brazilian rainforest burning at record rate, space agency warns BBC NewsBolsonaro’s Amazon-sized spat with Germany and Norway threatens Europe-South America trade deal The Washington PostBrazil's Jair Bolsonaro Blasted for Inaction Over Amazon Forest Fires NewsweekBrazil fires prompt 'prayers' for Amazon rainforest BBC NewsView […]
- Italy Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? - Vox.comItaly Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? Vox.comItaly's prime minister resigned on Tuesday, throwing a twist in far-right, anti-immigrant leader Matteo Salvini's power play to get early elections.View full coverage on Google News