Britain’s main index pulled back from its peak but remained higher on Tuesday, propped up by gains in financial and oil stocks, while mid-cap Funding Circle tanked after cutting its revenue forecast.Read More
David Rosenberg: The hopes that fuelled the market rally are all evaporating — and now reality is...Read More
A flurry of Fed speakers and any new trade developments could shake up what normally might be a slow week of trading ahead of the three-day Memorial Day holiday weekend.Read More
Trump promised to increase tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods to 25 per cent from 10 per cent if a deal wasn’t reached by Friday. The U.S. president also threatened to levy an additional 25 per cent tariff on $325 billion in Chinese goods.Read More
Shares of Qualcomm dropped as much as 5% in extended trading Wednesday despite the semiconductor company’s better-than-expected second-quarter earnings. Qualcomm reported earnings per share of 77 cents on revenue of $4.98 billion. Wall Street expected earnings per share of 71 cents on revenue of $4.80 billion, according to Refinitiv consensus estimates. The stock pared its losses after the initial post-earnings dip to trade roughly 3% down.Read More
Bombardier cut its 2019 revenue projection by US$1 billion to US$17 billion, while lowering its earnings expectations to between US$1 billion and US$1.5 billion, a drop of 10 per cent.Read More
After the fall: How to take advantage of lower rates NEW YORK — So much for those worries about...Read More
Bill Gross says this secret condition made him a successful investor — and infamously short-tempered
Bill Gross says this secret condition made him a successful investor — and infamously...Read More
Despite the market comeback this year, traders worry an earnings decline will kill the bull market...Read More
January’s dead-cat bounce fails to convince bearish investors, who say 2018 plunge is ‘just the...Read More
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach says Federal Reserve has lost controlThe Federal Reserve has lost control of interest rates as evidenced by the federal funds rate trading higher than any part of the U.S. Treasury yield curve, Jeffrey Gundlach, the chief executive of...
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass sees 'shallow recession' potentially in 2020: CNBCHedge fund manager Kyle Bass told CNBC on Tuesday that he sees a "shallow recession" potentially in 2020, also adding that he thinks U.S. interest rates will follow the global interest rates all the...
- Yields rise on German fiscal stimulus hopesBenchmark U.S. Treasury yields rose on Friday on a report that Germany may be open to running a deficit to boost growth, while stronger stock markets also reduced demand for safe haven debt.
- Canada's Intact Financial to buy Guarantee Co, Frank Cowan for C$1 billionCanadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy The Guarantee Co of North America and Frank Cowan Co for C$1 billion ($750.6 million) in cash from...
- Your Money: Big companies explore virtual care to curb healthcare costsBig companies are increasing incorporating virtual technology and care options into employee benefit plans to combat the rising healthcare costs that long been corporate America's bugaboo, according...
- Cardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld - The New York TimesCardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld The New York TimesCardinal George Pell loses appeal against conviction for child sex abuse CNN InternationalCardinal George Pell loses appeal against sexual abuse convictions BBC NewsCardinal George Pell loses appeal and likely to be stripped of Order of Australia – live The GuardianDecision Time for Pope After Cardinal George Pell Loses […]
- A trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government - CNNA trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government CNNEl Callao, Venezuela (CNN) The crash of steel pounding rock echoes through the dark gallery, as Darwin Rojas, 43, hammers away in a small corner.View full coverage on Google News
- Trump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight - CNNTrump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight CNNThe Trump administration has formally approved a major $8 billion arms sale to Taiwan involving 66 new F-16C/D fighter jets, the State Department announced ...View full coverage on Google News
- The Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space - USA TODAYThe Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space USA TODAYAmazon fires: Brazilian rainforest burning at record rate, space agency warns BBC NewsBolsonaro’s Amazon-sized spat with Germany and Norway threatens Europe-South America trade deal The Washington PostBrazil's Jair Bolsonaro Blasted for Inaction Over Amazon Forest Fires NewsweekBrazil fires prompt 'prayers' for Amazon rainforest BBC NewsView […]
- Italy Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? - Vox.comItaly Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? Vox.comItaly's prime minister resigned on Tuesday, throwing a twist in far-right, anti-immigrant leader Matteo Salvini's power play to get early elections.View full coverage on Google News