Court to consider continuing injunction against LNG pipeline opponents in B.C. PRINCE GEORGE, B.C....Read More
A senior government official speaking on the condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak publicly on the matter, said after going through every amendment — there were 187 by one count — the government has concluded most of the proposals by Conservative senators were designed to weaken the bill.
“The vast majority of conservative proposals are simply unacceptable,” he said.Read More
Alberta’s premier, Jason Kenney has picked fights on two different fronts by threatening a constitutional challenge against OttawaRead More
AP sources: US to sanction nations for importing Iranian oil WASHINGTON — The Trump administration...Read More
Canadian oil and gas executives were in a celebratory mood at an investor conference Wednesday following the United Conservative Party’s election win in Alberta, though many acknowledged that premier-designate Jason Kenney’s power is limited in fixing the industry’s most entrenched problem.Read More
Energy’s #MeToo moment: Ex-Anadarko employee alleges culture where women treated as ‘sexual playthings’
Energy’s #MeToo moment: Ex-Anadarko employee alleges culture where women treated as ‘sexual...Read More
Environmentalists say it’s the latest example of how Bolsonaro, who campaigned on promises to revive Latin America’s largest economy by cutting red tape, is pushing aside warnings and scientific evidence in the name of progress. It comes at a time when Brazil, one of the world’s largest oil producers and energy consumers, is moving toward the privatization of several industries, including offshore exploration.Read More
3D technology being used to locate new Alaska oil pockets PRUDHOE BAY, Alaska — New technology is...Read More
Sri Lanka begins work on $3.9B refinery near China-run port COLOMBO, Sri Lanka — Work began Sunday...Read More
Companies decry ‘valve turners’ who shut down pipelines BISMARCK, N.D. — As Enbridge prepared to...Read More
- Moneysaving 101: Four ways to cut college textbook costs(The writer is a Reuters contributor. The opinions expressed are his own.)
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach says Federal Reserve has lost controlThe Federal Reserve has lost control of interest rates as evidenced by the federal funds rate trading higher than any part of the U.S. Treasury yield curve, Jeffrey Gundlach, the chief executive of...
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass sees 'shallow recession' potentially in 2020: CNBCHedge fund manager Kyle Bass told CNBC on Tuesday that he sees a "shallow recession" potentially in 2020, also adding that he thinks U.S. interest rates will follow the global interest rates all the...
- Yields rise on German fiscal stimulus hopesBenchmark U.S. Treasury yields rose on Friday on a report that Germany may be open to running a deficit to boost growth, while stronger stock markets also reduced demand for safe haven debt.
- Canada's Intact Financial to buy Guarantee Co, Frank Cowan for C$1 billionCanadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy The Guarantee Co of North America and Frank Cowan Co for C$1 billion ($750.6 million) in cash from...
- Pope Francis allows ill girl to run around stage undisturbed at weekly audience - America MagazinePope Francis allows ill girl to run around stage undisturbed at weekly audience America MagazinePope gives sick girl free run of audience stage, delighting crowd ReutersPope Francis Calls for ‘Antidote’ to Populism BreitbartAmazon Synod preparer calls for Mass, Church with pagan elements LifesitePreparations in Place for Pope’s Visit to Thailand: Vatican Source Khaosod EnglishView full coverage on Google News
- Mexican court says cocaine use is legal -- for two people - CNNMexican court says cocaine use is legal -- for two people CNNIn a landmark ruling, a court in Mexico City has said two people should be allowed to use cocaine legally.View full coverage on Google News
- Trump, Maduro confirm 'secret' Venezuela-US talks amid increased pressure on socialist regime - Fox NewsTrump, Maduro confirm 'secret' Venezuela-US talks amid increased pressure on socialist regime Fox NewsCNN tracks trail of 'bloody gold' that leads to Venezuela's government CNNTrump, Maduro confirm talks as opposition stays mum Miami HeraldUS Navy 'ready' for whatever 'needs to be done' in Venezuela, Naval commander says Fox NewsA trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government CNNView full coverage […]
- US military drone shot down over Yemen, official confirms - Fox NewsUS military drone shot down over Yemen, official confirms Fox NewsA U.S. military MQ-9 drone was shot down in Yemen on Wednesday, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News.View full coverage on Google News
- Cops: 8-year-old took mom's car on 87 mph drive - Fox NewsCops: 8-year-old took mom's car on 87 mph drive Fox NewsHe'll have to wait a decade to do it again. German police report that an 8-year-old boy took his mother's Volkswagen Golf on a joyride down the autobahn near ...