China warns India of ‘reverse sanctions’ if Huawei is blocked-sources NEW DELHI — China has told...Read More
The finance ministry sharply lowered its forecast for this year’s inflation to 0.9% from the previous 1.6%, compared with the central bank’s target set at 2% and underscoring a stronger case for the BOK to reduce interest rates.Read More
BOE’s response in the event of a no-deal Brexit won’t be an “automatic” jump to a rate cut. He said action will depend on how it affects the economy and the pound.Read More
Pressured by a labor crunch and rising wages in China, Shu Ke’an, whose company supplies bulletproof vests, rifle bags and other tactical gear to the United States, first considered shifting some production to Southeast Asia a few years ago, but nothing came of it.Read More
Tesla previously sought other tariff exemptions from the U.S. Trade Representative’s Office for Chinese-made parts, including the Model 3 car computer and the Autopilot “brain” that were rejected.Read More
Vietnam is cracking down on Chinese goods relabelled illegally by exporters trying to beat U.S. tariffs
Vietnam has said it will crackdown on goods of Chinese origin illegally relabelled “Made in Vietnam” by exporters seeking to avoid U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs on Chinese imports. Vietnamese customs have found scores of such cases amid the ongoing U.S.-China trade dispute, the department said in a statement posted to a government website on Sunday.Read More
Trump says Mexico tariffs ‘indefinitely suspended’ after deal reached on migration...Read More
Trade War – Immigration – Tariffs – Brexit – Transgender Troops – Veterans – Climate Change and More.Read More
Trump promise of new Mexican tariffs brings protests WASHINGTON — In a surprise announcement that...Read More
The plan is to make it easier for the world to trade with China, by funding roads, railways, pipelines, and other infrastructure projects in Asia and Africa.Read More
US argues Huawei poses a national security risk, while Beijing accuses the US of “bullying” the company.
Last week, the Trump administration added Huawei – the world’s second largest smartphone maker – to its “entity list”, which bans the company from acquiring technology from US firms without government approval.Read More
Unable to compete with Chinese factories aided by government subsidies and high tariffs, REC Silicon is shutting down the facility, which makes products used in solar panels. The company, which once numbered 500 workers, is keeping its remaining 200 on the payroll for six weeks in hopes that pressure from Trump will force China to make a trade deal. But the prospects are uncertain.Read More
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach says Federal Reserve has lost controlThe Federal Reserve has lost control of interest rates as evidenced by the federal funds rate trading higher than any part of the U.S. Treasury yield curve, Jeffrey Gundlach, the chief executive of...
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass sees 'shallow recession' potentially in 2020: CNBCHedge fund manager Kyle Bass told CNBC on Tuesday that he sees a "shallow recession" potentially in 2020, also adding that he thinks U.S. interest rates will follow the global interest rates all the...
- Yields rise on German fiscal stimulus hopesBenchmark U.S. Treasury yields rose on Friday on a report that Germany may be open to running a deficit to boost growth, while stronger stock markets also reduced demand for safe haven debt.
- Canada's Intact Financial to buy Guarantee Co, Frank Cowan for C$1 billionCanadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy The Guarantee Co of North America and Frank Cowan Co for C$1 billion ($750.6 million) in cash from...
- Your Money: Big companies explore virtual care to curb healthcare costsBig companies are increasing incorporating virtual technology and care options into employee benefit plans to combat the rising healthcare costs that long been corporate America's bugaboo, according...
- Cardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld - The New York TimesCardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld The New York TimesCardinal George Pell loses appeal against conviction for child sex abuse CNN InternationalCardinal George Pell loses appeal against sexual abuse convictions BBC NewsCardinal George Pell loses appeal and likely to be stripped of Order of Australia – live The GuardianDecision Time for Pope After Cardinal George Pell Loses […]
- A trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government - CNNA trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government CNNEl Callao, Venezuela (CNN) The crash of steel pounding rock echoes through the dark gallery, as Darwin Rojas, 43, hammers away in a small corner.View full coverage on Google News
- Trump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight - CNNTrump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight CNNThe Trump administration has formally approved a major $8 billion arms sale to Taiwan involving 66 new F-16C/D fighter jets, the State Department announced ...View full coverage on Google News
- The Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space - USA TODAYThe Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space USA TODAYAmazon fires: Brazilian rainforest burning at record rate, space agency warns BBC NewsBolsonaro’s Amazon-sized spat with Germany and Norway threatens Europe-South America trade deal The Washington PostBrazil's Jair Bolsonaro Blasted for Inaction Over Amazon Forest Fires NewsweekBrazil fires prompt 'prayers' for Amazon rainforest BBC NewsView […]
- Italy Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? - Vox.comItaly Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? Vox.comItaly's prime minister resigned on Tuesday, throwing a twist in far-right, anti-immigrant leader Matteo Salvini's power play to get early elections.View full coverage on Google News