The finance ministry sharply lowered its forecast for this year’s inflation to 0.9% from the previous 1.6%, compared with the central bank’s target set at 2% and underscoring a stronger case for the BOK to reduce interest rates.Read More
Tag: trade war
BOE’s response in the event of a no-deal Brexit won’t be an “automatic” jump to a rate cut. He said action will depend on how it affects the economy and the pound.Read More
UPDATE 2-China’s factory activity shrinks as U.S. tariffs, slowdown hit orders BEIJING — China’s...Read More
Pressured by a labor crunch and rising wages in China, Shu Ke’an, whose company supplies bulletproof vests, rifle bags and other tactical gear to the United States, first considered shifting some production to Southeast Asia a few years ago, but nothing came of it.Read More
AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s misfires on Iran, trade and that wall WASHINGTON — In President Donald...Read More
Vietnam is cracking down on Chinese goods relabelled illegally by exporters trying to beat U.S. tariffs
Vietnam has said it will crackdown on goods of Chinese origin illegally relabelled “Made in Vietnam” by exporters seeking to avoid U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs on Chinese imports. Vietnamese customs have found scores of such cases amid the ongoing U.S.-China trade dispute, the department said in a statement posted to a government website on Sunday.Read More
Trump says Mexico tariffs ‘indefinitely suspended’ after deal reached on migration...Read More
Trade War – Immigration – Tariffs – Brexit – Transgender Troops – Veterans – Climate Change and More.Read More
It was Beijing’s latest response to widespread speculation that a China-backed eco-tourism project in Cambodia’s coastal Koh Kong province is secretly designed to have military purposes.Read More
Trump promise of new Mexican tariffs brings protests WASHINGTON — In a surprise announcement that...Read More
The plan is to make it easier for the world to trade with China, by funding roads, railways, pipelines, and other infrastructure projects in Asia and Africa.Read More
US argues Huawei poses a national security risk, while Beijing accuses the US of “bullying” the company.
Last week, the Trump administration added Huawei – the world’s second largest smartphone maker – to its “entity list”, which bans the company from acquiring technology from US firms without government approval.Read More
- Moneysaving 101: Four ways to cut college textbook costs(The writer is a Reuters contributor. The opinions expressed are his own.)
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach says Federal Reserve has lost controlThe Federal Reserve has lost control of interest rates as evidenced by the federal funds rate trading higher than any part of the U.S. Treasury yield curve, Jeffrey Gundlach, the chief executive of...
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass sees 'shallow recession' potentially in 2020: CNBCHedge fund manager Kyle Bass told CNBC on Tuesday that he sees a "shallow recession" potentially in 2020, also adding that he thinks U.S. interest rates will follow the global interest rates all the...
- Yields rise on German fiscal stimulus hopesBenchmark U.S. Treasury yields rose on Friday on a report that Germany may be open to running a deficit to boost growth, while stronger stock markets also reduced demand for safe haven debt.
- Canada's Intact Financial to buy Guarantee Co, Frank Cowan for C$1 billionCanadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy The Guarantee Co of North America and Frank Cowan Co for C$1 billion ($750.6 million) in cash from...
- Pope Francis allows ill girl to run around stage undisturbed at weekly audience - America MagazinePope Francis allows ill girl to run around stage undisturbed at weekly audience America MagazinePope gives sick girl free run of audience stage, delighting crowd ReutersPope Francis Calls for ‘Antidote’ to Populism BreitbartAmazon Synod preparer calls for Mass, Church with pagan elements LifesitePreparations in Place for Pope’s Visit to Thailand: Vatican Source Khaosod EnglishView full coverage on Google News
- Mexican court says cocaine use is legal -- for two people - CNNMexican court says cocaine use is legal -- for two people CNNIn a landmark ruling, a court in Mexico City has said two people should be allowed to use cocaine legally.View full coverage on Google News
- Trump, Maduro confirm 'secret' Venezuela-US talks amid increased pressure on socialist regime - Fox NewsTrump, Maduro confirm 'secret' Venezuela-US talks amid increased pressure on socialist regime Fox NewsCNN tracks trail of 'bloody gold' that leads to Venezuela's government CNNTrump, Maduro confirm talks as opposition stays mum Miami HeraldUS Navy 'ready' for whatever 'needs to be done' in Venezuela, Naval commander says Fox NewsA trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government CNNView full coverage […]
- US military drone shot down over Yemen, official confirms - Fox NewsUS military drone shot down over Yemen, official confirms Fox NewsA U.S. military MQ-9 drone was shot down in Yemen on Wednesday, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News.View full coverage on Google News
- Cops: 8-year-old took mom's car on 87 mph drive - Fox NewsCops: 8-year-old took mom's car on 87 mph drive Fox NewsHe'll have to wait a decade to do it again. German police report that an 8-year-old boy took his mother's Volkswagen Golf on a joyride down the autobahn near ...