Hudson’s Bay said no decision has been made on Baker’s bid, and the retailer has formed a special committee to review the proposal with the assistance of outside advisers.Read More
Bombardier cut its 2019 revenue projection by US$1 billion to US$17 billion, while lowering its earnings expectations to between US$1 billion and US$1.5 billion, a drop of 10 per cent.Read More
Yamana Gold to Sell the Chapada Mine -Delivering Significant Improvements to the Balance Sheet and Shareholder ReturnsRead More
Canada’s big banks feel the pain from the stock market’s swoon Investors weren’t the only ones who...Read More
Standard & Poor’s downgrades SNC-Lavalin, citing charges and diplomatic feud MONTREAL — Debt...Read More
SNC-Lavalin shares dive after it cuts profit forecast a second time over mining dispute in Latin America
SNC-Lavalin shares dive after it cuts profit forecast a second time over mining dispute in Latin...Read More
January’s dead-cat bounce fails to convince bearish investors, who say 2018 plunge is ‘just the...Read More
Short sellers renew bets against Canadian banks in 2019 — so far they’re paying a high price Short...Read More
November crude-by-rail exports set new record despite slower growth pace CALGARY — The National...Read More
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach says Federal Reserve has lost controlThe Federal Reserve has lost control of interest rates as evidenced by the federal funds rate trading higher than any part of the U.S. Treasury yield curve, Jeffrey Gundlach, the chief executive of...
- Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass sees 'shallow recession' potentially in 2020: CNBCHedge fund manager Kyle Bass told CNBC on Tuesday that he sees a "shallow recession" potentially in 2020, also adding that he thinks U.S. interest rates will follow the global interest rates all the...
- Yields rise on German fiscal stimulus hopesBenchmark U.S. Treasury yields rose on Friday on a report that Germany may be open to running a deficit to boost growth, while stronger stock markets also reduced demand for safe haven debt.
- Canada's Intact Financial to buy Guarantee Co, Frank Cowan for C$1 billionCanadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said on Thursday it agreed to buy The Guarantee Co of North America and Frank Cowan Co for C$1 billion ($750.6 million) in cash from...
- Your Money: Big companies explore virtual care to curb healthcare costsBig companies are increasing incorporating virtual technology and care options into employee benefit plans to combat the rising healthcare costs that long been corporate America's bugaboo, according...
- Cardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld - The New York TimesCardinal George Pell’s Sexual Abuse Conviction Is Upheld The New York TimesCardinal George Pell loses appeal against conviction for child sex abuse CNN InternationalCardinal George Pell loses appeal against sexual abuse convictions BBC NewsCardinal George Pell loses appeal and likely to be stripped of Order of Australia – live The GuardianDecision Time for Pope After Cardinal George Pell Loses […]
- A trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government - CNNA trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government CNNEl Callao, Venezuela (CNN) The crash of steel pounding rock echoes through the dark gallery, as Darwin Rojas, 43, hammers away in a small corner.View full coverage on Google News
- Trump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight - CNNTrump admin formally approves fighter jet sale to Taiwan amid China trade fight CNNThe Trump administration has formally approved a major $8 billion arms sale to Taiwan involving 66 new F-16C/D fighter jets, the State Department announced ...View full coverage on Google News
- The Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space - USA TODAYThe Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space USA TODAYAmazon fires: Brazilian rainforest burning at record rate, space agency warns BBC NewsBolsonaro’s Amazon-sized spat with Germany and Norway threatens Europe-South America trade deal The Washington PostBrazil's Jair Bolsonaro Blasted for Inaction Over Amazon Forest Fires NewsweekBrazil fires prompt 'prayers' for Amazon rainforest BBC NewsView […]
- Italy Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? - Vox.comItaly Prime Minister Conte resigns. What comes next? Vox.comItaly's prime minister resigned on Tuesday, throwing a twist in far-right, anti-immigrant leader Matteo Salvini's power play to get early elections.View full coverage on Google News