Wayfair Unveils Top Five Renovation Trends Transforming Today’s Kitchens and Baths
BOSTON — Wayfair Inc. (NYSE:W), one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home, today unveiled the top kitchen and bath renovation trends as it expands its plumbing selection, offering thousands of options from dozens of leading brands including Kohler, Moen, Delta, TOTO and American Standard. From touch-operation faucets to LED showerheads, shoppers are searching for the latest in high-tech features as well as hand-crafted designs from luxury brands spanning Kallista and The House of Rohl.
With more than 10 million products across every style and price point, Wayfair analyzed thousands of search trends to shed light on how consumers are embracing new styles and designs as they renovate their kitchens and bathrooms. The latest trends include:
- Farmhouse Frenzy: More popular than ever, shoppers are increasingly seeking rustic styles that embody a farmhouse look, as shoppers opt for items such as apron sinks and freestanding vanities with natural finishes. In fact, searches for “farmhouse” fixtures have quadrupled in the last year with sales of farmhouse sinks alone nearly doubling year over year.
- Set in Stone: Concrete kitchen sinks are increasingly popular with searches for concrete furniture and decor overall up 50 percent year over year. Concrete sinks are unique, durable and versatile, as they come in various sizes, styles and tones, making it a true statement piece in the kitchen.
- Black is the New Chrome: While chrome and silver continue to be popular options, consumers are also gravitating toward chic black and black matte finishes for faucets and sinks with searches for these products tripling year over year across thousands of options.
- Many Shades of Gold: Gold-toned faucets and fixtures are growing in popularity as shoppers look to add a touch of glamour to their space. In addition, shoppers are increasingly exploring rose gold finishes, which complement both classic and contemporary styles.
- Neat and Tidy: Floating vanities have doubled in popularity in the last year as shoppers seek space-saving options with products that not only offer a clean, modern look, but have more efficient storage capacity to keep clutter out of sight.
“In addition to offering an unrivaled selection for shoppers redesigning or simply upgrading their kitchens and baths, we are constantly expanding our resources and services to support their entire home improvement projects,” noted Adam Sinoway, Head of Renovation, Wayfair. “Our growing team of specialized experts walk customers through every step, from ensuring each fixture meets all specifications to finding just the right sink or vanity that matches their style and budget. In addition, enhanced delivery, installation and assembly services ensure that every last detail – no matter how complex the project – is taken care of from beginning to end.”
Wayfair provides a variety of resources to help renovators through their entire home improvement projects. For inspiration, shoppers can explore hundreds of Bathroom and Kitchen Ideas and instantly shop their favorite looks. In addition, Wayfair’s continually enhanced service offerings, including assembly, installation and upgraded delivery options, such as “Room of Choice” and “Full Service Delivery,” support projects of any scope. With thousands of products available for next-day and two-day delivery, dedicated service, and a variety of assembly and installation options, Wayfair makes any renovation project easier and more attainable than ever before.
In addition to helping consumers with all of their home renovation needs, contractors and members of the trade have access to Wayfair’s unrivaled selection across plumbing and other renovation categories, including flooring and lighting, through Wayfair Professional. Members receive dedicated service from specialized experts who can provide technical assistance and customized solutions, from sourcing contract brands for small and large projects to assisting in commercial product specifications and helping customers meet project timelines and budgets.
For shoppers looking to renovate their spaces this spring, Wayfair will launch a Spring Renovation Sale February 25 through April 1, 2019. Sponsored by Moen, the Sale will include discounts across categories spanning plumbing, lighting, tile and flooring, vanities, cabinetry, door hardware and more.
Wayfair will attend the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) and the NAHB International Builder’s Show (IBS) February 19-21. IBS attendees can visit Wayfair Professional at booth #3532 in the South Hall.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair – Everything home for every budget.
- Joss & Main – Stylish designs to discover daily.
- AllModern – The best of modern, priced for real life.
- Birch Lane – Classic home. Comfortable cost.
- Perigold – The widest-ever selection of luxury home furnishings.
Wayfair generated $6.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 10,900 people.
Media Relations Contact:
Susan Frechette, 617-502-7066
Investor Relations Contact:
Published at Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:32:35 +0000